At Home With Kids During Covid-19
* The RNZ website has a HUGE list of links - check them out here: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/412876/coronavirus-lockdown-at-home-a-guide-to-online-resources-for-kids
* Check out the articles on our website.
* Suggestions on how to talk to your kids about Covid-19 and the lockdown
* A website created by psychologist Karen Young, filled with articles about parenting and strategies
* Triple P Parenting website
* Resources for parents at https://www.skip.org.nz
* Resources for parents (including (scroll down) Covid-19 Support Information e-packs) at https://www.skylight.org.nz
* Tips from a psychologist on how to handle both yours and your children's anxiety during the Covid-19 lockdown - Tips for Anxiety (0.29MB)
Activities to do:
* Free online art lessons for kids by illustrator Rob Biddulph
* A website full of activities - including virtual tours of museums
* Paint some awesome rocks for Palmy Rocks. Then you can look forward to hiding them and hunting for others once the lockdown is over.
*free cooking course for kids - https://www.facebook.com/1230516880298705/posts/3383363208347384/?d=n
* Easy, funny drawing activities - https://www.facebook.com/100000038774743/posts/3093318694012726/?d=n
* Check out Palmy Arts on Facebook. Lots of local artists are offering free workshops and activities:
- crafts for kids with Rachel Robb - https://www.facebook.com/groups/848851708533814/permalink/2852911944794437
- bollywood dancing with Tanushree BaruaGupta - https://www.facebook.com/groups/848851708533814/permalink/2866466613438970
- music with Jennifer Moss - https://www.facebook.com/groups/848851708533814/permalink/2860147747404190
- dancing at home with Crows Feet Dance PN - https://www.facebook.com/groups/848851708533814/permalink/2866490173436614
- a family video challenge by The Drama Workshop - https://www.facebook.com/groups/848851708533814/permalink/2866423356776629
- creative writing with Carly Thomas - https://www.facebook.com/groups/848851708533814/permalink/2847591268659838
- downloadable colouring sheets for kids and adults - https://www.warehousestationery.co.nz/school-holiday-activities/school-holiday-activity-sheets?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=sfmc&utm_campaign=WSL_EDM_s1985-wk37-world-health-day-edm-BR_All_4/6/2020&utm_content=WSL_CLIK_Multiple_s1985-wk37-world-health-day-edm-BR_motivate%20your%20mind%20with%20creativity
*FutureLearn hosts a huge range of free short courses by Universities from all round the world - https://www.futurelearn.com
* Website created for NZ parents
* Educational printables and website links
* RNZ has audible stories and podcasts for kids and teens
* PE with Joe - Fun daily workouts
Maintaining Mental Healthiness:
*FutureLearn offers free short courses on a variety of subjects, including mental health https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/low-mood-during-covid-19
* Check out the app store for mindfulness or meditation apps. Many are free or offer one month free so you can check them out. There are even apps like these specially designed for children.
* Here is a great resource called 'Staying Well when Social Distancing' which you can download here. Thanks to Chris Hocken from MidCentral DHB!