A group for men who have made a long term commitment to the care, well being and growth of particular children.
Many types of men do the work of fathering: fathers, step-fathers, uncles, grandfathers, mother's partners, mentors, step-grandfathers and good men in the community.
The topics covered will be:
- Why fathers and fathering are important
- Being the father you want to be
- Gender difference
- Guidance and discipline
- Working in partnership with mothers and others
- Building your child's self esteem
- Fathering from outside the child's home
- The future of your child
The group runs for eight two and a half hour weekly sessions.
Dates for Groups 2021
Term 3 2021
8 week programme. 6.30 - 9 pm, Starting Tuesday 10th August.
(Online programme while in Level 3.)
Please contact us to indicate your interest, to register and to confirm the date and venue of the next group.